forum

A A A

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Amerikaner søger kollektiv i København 2014-2015
31. oktober 2013
18:58
Alex
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hej,

Jeg leder efter kollektiv i København for 2014-2015 skoleåret. Jeg er studerende i Richmond, Virginia og jeg studere atropologi, kunst historie og spansk. Jeg taler kun en smule dansk... so I will continue in English.

I am 19 years old now, and will be 20 when I come abroad. I am queer and very open minded. I'm planning on studying at Copenhagen University the coming school year 2014-2015 and am looking into my living accommodations. I just found out about the kollektiv living accommodations in Copenhagen, and think it would be the best for me. I have already lived dorm life here in the States, and although the kollegiums offer a different sort of dorm life as those here, I am interested in living independently from university organizations. 

The Danish culture isn't completely foreign to me, in fact I met my best friend in high school who was doing a gap year in my school. Since then I have also done a gap semester in Spain, after which I spent a week in Copenhagen with my Danish friend. The following summer I returned to Denmark to attend Roskilde Festival, and it was amazing to say the least. This coming winter break between semesters I will be making another trip for a week or so to Copenhagen, hoping to experience more of the Danish culture before my year abroad. I am in the process of learning Danish, with the limited resources available abroad, and expect to immerse myself in Danish life to become conversationally fluent by the end of my year.

My interests include photography, bicycling (infrastructure and commuting), cultural studies along with keeping up with my Spanish and learning Danish, and music. I do not play music, however there is hardly ever a moment when I am not listening to music and searching for new artists. I am open to new styles of music, but my main interests include Indie Pop (most specifically from the 90s) and Shoegaze (My Bloody Valentine, and some modern Asian groups). I enjoy going to concerts, and here in Richmond there is an amazing phenomenon of house shows, where local and touring acts will play in friends' basements and living rooms. Cooking isn't something that I shy away from, it's a great way to spend time with other people and learn about the cuisine of other areas around the globe. 

Living in a kollektiv would be ideal, as I am interested in living a communal lifestyle at home, but plan to experience the city and neighborhood that I will live in. I want to get to know my roommates and share experiences. Ideally I would like to live close to the university campus, or at most 30 minutes commuting. I am very flexible, so just send me a message to chat and coordinate something. You can reach me at cortesac@vcu.edu

Cheers,

Alex

Forum Timezone: UTC 1

Most Users Ever Online: 212

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Camilla Nielsen-Englyst: 17

Christian Køster: 16

ann sophie pedersen: 15

Margrethe: 15

Katja Andersen: 11

Asger: 10

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 4

Members: 2660

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 3

Topics: 914

Newest Members:

test, wpengine, FayeEggleston, ElmerLehner5, jannie, L.A.

Administrators: Jacobs: 0, Kolle Hjælp: 0